Monday, June 11, 2012

DIY Tipsy Plant Pots

I've been wanting to add some color to our front garden and I love using potted plants in gardens.  I have seen these "Tispy" pots before and decided to make one!
You'll need:
  1 large pot for your base
  1 8" pot
  2 6" pots
  1 4" pot
  one 4' piece of rebar
  spray paint and primer
  potting soils and plants

 set up the pots on a drop cloth.
 I used this Rust-oleum primer and paint that is good on any surface and is safe for outdoors
 Once the pots were primed, I realized I was getting high off fumes so I moved the project outside
 ahhhh that's better. Once the primer dried, I did two coats of color.

 Using a mallet hammer and some muscle, plant the rebar into the ground so that it is nice and sturdy.  It needs to be steady enough to hold all the pots.
 Take your base pot and feed the rebar through the hole on the bottom.
 Add soil to the bottom pot and then start stacking the smaller pots, alternating which way they tilt.

 Once you have soil, all you have to do is plant!
 I had a few inches of rebar at the top, so I used some tall flowers to cover!
 Pretty!!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...