Monday, May 21, 2012

Homemade Boutonniere

In keeping with the wedding theme, I thought I'd share the boutonnieres I made for our wedding.  Because we did a DIY wedding, we wanted to do things as early as possible.  When it came to making boutonnieres for the guys, I knew I couldn't make them early if I used real flowers. Solution: use fake ones!
By crafting them out of "fake" stuff I was able to make the boutonnieres MONTHS early! For a total cost of about $10!

Step one:
From the craft store I picked out a small bouquet of flowers with complimentary colors. I then cut the flowers off so that I had a pile of individual flowers.
 I also found this tin that came with fake rose flowers and loose leaves.
 I also picked out some twine. Choose a color that compliments your flowers and color scheme.

 Pick out some small details.

Step two:
Once I had all the pieces. I placed two leaves like so,
 A little dab of hot glue held the two leaves together.
To add a little pizzaz, I found this awesome "baby's breath" bundle. Pick out some branches that have some bulk and cut them off the bundle.
Step three:
Once you have some nice pieces, place them over your leaves and use a dot of hot glue to make them stick.
 Step four:
To make sure the flowers were close enough, I bent the stems so they were touching and then used hot glue to hold.  Thank god for hot glue.
 Step five: Once the flowers are ready, place them on the leaves so that you can still see the leaves and baby breath combo. Use hot glue to stick the flowers to the leaves. Wrap your twine around the flower stem so you can't see the plastic.  To finish, use a rose bud, or other choice flower to hide the plastic stems of your flowers. Hot glue time! Stick the rose to the bundle. I used a small pearl in the center to complete the look (and cover some glue).
 Voila!!  I made the groom's boutonniere have three flowers and a large rose. Not only did they look great, but from a distance they look real!
 Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...