Thursday, May 17, 2012

DIY Vintage Wedding Bouquet


For my wedding I wanted to create a bouquet that would last and be personal.  I decided to create a bouquet out of vintage broaches, pins, and buttons from my grandmothers.  It was such a special piece! Unlike a flower bouquet, this handmade bouquet is timeless.

Step one:
Gather vintage pins, broaches, buttons, or other special mementos
 (my grandmother collected buttons and my husband's grandmother had some awesome broaches!)
Step two:
You will need something to hold all your found items.
For the "stem" I used a stick that I found in the woods and cut to the right size.

For the body of the bouquet, I used a grapevine ball that I picked up at a local craft store like Michaels.

Step three:
Place your "stem" through the body and use hot glue to attach.  Don't worry if you can see the glue, you will cover it with your mementos.

Step four:
Simple a matter of gluing your pieces on to the bouquet body.  I found it easier to place the larger items first and then use the smaller items (such as buttons) to fill the spaces.
Step five:
Find a piece of fabric that suites your color scheme.  In my case, my husband and I had touches of red in our wedding so I chose a red silk fabric. I saved a ton of money by buying a remnant!
Use the fabric to wrap around the base of the body to give a soft and pretty effect.

Step six:
Check out your new and beautiful bouquet!




I love this piece.
Enjoy!


M.

1 comment:

  1. Molly, your wedding bouquet was so beautiful and I love that it was a DIY!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...