Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tree of Life Painting

I have always loved "Tree of Life" paintings. So I went out and bought a big 'ole canvas and sat down to paint one!  I chose to use acrylics because they dry quickly, and I am impatient.
 As always, I got my coffee ready first. Then a sketched an outline lightly with pencil.
 I started with the background. I remember in high school, I had an art teacher who said "you should never paint with white".  I paint with white ALL the time. Every time I squeeze that white tube I have to giggle. TAKE THAT!
 I'm a lucky girl and have a buddy who sleeps by my feet when ever I paint.
 Painting the background like this was awful.  If I were to do it again, I would paint the background and then freehand the tree on top.
 While I waited for the color background to dry I painted the background for another tree!
 Never underestimate how pretty your palette can be!
 Once the colors were dry I went in with a fine edged brush to paint to tree
 Phew!
 To finish, I added globes of different colors!

 oh and then I went and finished the other tree:

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...