Monday, July 9, 2012

Oreo Fun Pops!

I think most of the human population is in agreement that Oreo cookies are one of man's greatest creations.  What most people might not realize, is that Oreos can be dressed up for special occasions!
This past weekend, while preparing for a friends birthday I knew two things I wanted to make: a unicorn cake and some sort of fancy Oreo.
The Oreo gods were in my favor this week because Oreos were on sale, so I bought two packs.


Ingredients:

Enough Oreo Cookies to feed your party (and enough so you have leftovers for yourself)
Ghiradelli White Chocolate Bars: one bar made about 20 cookies so adjust accordingly
Colorful baking Sprinkles
Popsicle sticks (I bought fancy Popsicle sticks at a craft store that ended up being to thick, so I used tooth picks - worked great!)

Start by melting the chocolate. Once melted scoop the chocolate into a low bowl.
I also put the Sprinkles in a low bowl so I could dip the Oreos.

 Once your set-up is ready, stick your stick into the Oreo. Now all that's left is to dip each side of the cookie into the chocolate so that each side is evenly covered, and then dip the cookie into the sprinkles! 
Lay them to dry (5-10 minutes) before serving

Delicious!


Don't forget the creepy unicorn cake!
 


Special thanks to Amy from Creative Soul Spectrum  for the beautiful photos and hand modeling!
- M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...